Thursday, November 06, 2008

Great gift idea for Christmas

Yes, I know it's only the beginning of November, but once the evenings start getting dark I can't help but get excited about Christmas! And I've recently discovered some great books for children which have been released this year by Christian Focus. They are part of a series of short Christian biographies written in a style that is accessible to children.

We bought the book about Helen Roseveare for our oldest daughter (age 4) and she loves it. It retells an incident from Helen Roseveare's time as a missionary when she was looking after a very sick baby. It is easy for a child to understand and gives a great insight into the power of prayer. There are currently six books available in the series including George Muller, Corrie Ten Boom and Hudson Taylor. The Christian Focus website has them in the 8-12 category, but I think they are probably best for a bit younger than that. Check them out here and start your Christmas shopping early!

3 comments:

Cathy McKay said...

Thanks for the recommendation, we are often a bit behind here (Australia), so I am grateful that you posted this in November!

Tammy S. said...

Thank you! I love Helen Roseveare's autobiographies and this will be one I will be buying as gifts!

Tammy S. said...

Thank you! I love Helen Roseveare's autobiographies and this will be one I will be buying as gifts!