Friday, October 31, 2008

A Match Made in Heaven

Maria Taylor, wife to missionary James Hudson Taylor, knew what was of utmost importance in marriage. When Hudson Taylor considered leaving China to gain an education and a sense of worldly honour in order that he might be a more suitable suitor for Maria, she responded,
I would wait if he went home in order to increase his usefulness. But is he to leave his work in order to gain a name for the sake of marrying me? If he loves me more than Jesus he is not worthy of me - if he were to leave the Lord's work for the world's honour, I would have nothing further to do with him.
To which Hudson replied,
She is a noble girl.
Taken from Hudson Taylor & Maria: A Match Made in Heaven

2 comments:

mattnbec said...

Great quote, thanks.

Bec

gracenbeauty said...

I love this! It is my view exactly!