1. Teach your children to love Christ more than anything else by loving Christ more than anything else.
2. Teach your children that every good thing comes from God and not because Daddy has a job.
3. Teach your children that Daddy has a job because God has given him a job.
4. Teach your children to be thankful for all that they have by being thankful for all that you have.
5. Continually thank God with your children for all that you have.
6. Continually thank God with your children for all that you do not have because Christ is better by far.
7. Pray with your children for those who do not have.
8. Give to those who do not have.
9. Teach your children to be good stewards by looking after property, clothes and toys.
10. Teach them not to worry about what they will eat or wear by trusting God for all that you need.
11. Don't spend what you do not have.
12. Share what you do have.
John Piper has a helpful sermon on Luke 12: 32-34, Magnifying God with Money.
32 Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.Here are his main points from the sermon:
1. Do not fear when it comes to money & things
2. Have an impulse toward simplicity rather than accumulation
3. Maximise your treasure in Heaven, not on earth
4. Your heart moves toward what you cherish