Friday, December 07, 2007

Alternative Christmas Gifts

I'd like to suggest another great idea for a Christmas gift. A few years ago I received the gift of a goat! Through World Vision's Alternative Gifts catalogue, a friend had purchased the gift of a goat, for a family living in Africa, instead of buying me a personal gift. Since then, on a number of occasions, I've received cards explaining the various gifts that have helped to meet the needs of others. These gifts range from a water tap for a community in Ethiopia to a meal for 70 children in Cambodia. They can be purchased easily over the Internet and are sent out within a few days. You can even choose the photograph for the front of your card. These gifts really are life-changing!

1 comment:

Amanda Robbie said...

Thanks for this pointer! Just ordered a cowpat stove for my Dad :)