One of the current favourites is a really simple carrot and parsnip soup, which I found here. I normally double the quantities below and freeze some and usually don't bother with the yoghurt or cumin - I add a teaspoon of medium curry powder instead.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 large parsnips
- 3 large carrots
- 2 pints of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- Chop the onion and sweat it, covered, in the olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the carrots and parsnips (cubed) and the stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes then blend in a food processor.
- Stir in the yoghurt and cumin.
Serve with fresh bread, and season with plenty of black pepper.I'd be interested to hear from any of you about any good soup recipes you have - quick and easy preferred and I'm always open to the unusual!