Saturday, August 04, 2007

Matters of the Heart

I'm not sure if any of you are reading along with Girltalk, Doing Things Right in Matters of the Heart by John Ensor. This past week I was particularly struck by something they said in relation to women who are preoccupied with trying to get the attention of the men around them. "Allow a man to win your heart, and if he doesn’t want to, then why would you want him?" This is something I wished I heard many years ago as I feebly attempted to catch the eye of a suitable male. And so I want to share this thought with all our single friends and readers. Here is how John Ensor puts it in his book:
Sisters, all the advice from Vogue, Glamour, and Cosmopolitan that talks about going after and getting your man, all the blather about how in this day and age it is just as acceptable for you to initiate as for him, is just that—blather. Be confident and trust your feelings on this matter. Be confident that if he is the man you hope and wish him to be, he will play the man. You crackle the leaves a bit when he is in the area and let him know you are there. Then wait for him to initiate, or not. In the long run, you will be well served either way.

1 comment:

Ann Addison said...

That’s the way to do it! : ) My husband worked hard to gain my hand in marriage and he thinks I’m worth it. Don’t settle for less. The world’s ways are upside down. Let the love of your life be Jesus, whether or not you ever marry. I was single again for 10 years and had decided I would probably not remarry. That would have been the right choice rather than settle for a man who will not pursue.