This got me thinking about how we can pray specifically for women we know who are serving overseas. I came up with a few ideas, but you may be able to think of more:
- Relationships are so important to women - pray that they will make good and lasting friendships in their cross-cultural situation.
- Pray for them as they carry out day to day tasks in a different culture, perhaps without the amenities we take for granted.
- Pray that they will be free from anxiety about health issues, particularly if they are in a situation where healthcare is poor and health screening is non-existent.
- For single women, pray for any who are wrestling with the possibility that their mission service may mean they never marry.
- Pray for women working in a situation where there is a lack of male leadership.
- Pray for women with families who may be educating their children at home or facing the painful prospect of sending their children away for schooling.
- For women who have ageing parents left in their home country, pray they might have wisdom and peace about their situation.