Saturday, September 23, 2006

"Young, Restless, Reformed"

My convictions and the current surge of joy in my heart couldn't stop me from posting what I'm about to link. While musing around in blogland I noticed that the T4G blog pointed out an article run by Christianity Today, "Young, Restless & Reformed: Calvinism is Making a Comeback & Shaking up the Church." It's been an encouraging read and I commend it to you - especially to some of you young folks I know who the article so reminded me of. In it, Collin Hansen (the author) attributes much of this resurgence to John Piper, pastor of Bethlehem Baptist Church who without a doubt has an "unrelenting intensity, demanding discipline, and singular passion—for the glory of God." Much mention is also made of the young pastor Joshua Harris the author of I Kissed Dating Goodbye. Of earlier years, Harris is quoted as saying "even just thinking doctrinally would have been foreign to me." Yet now Harris' take on it is different: "once you're exposed to [doctrine], you see the richness in it for your own soul, and you're ruined for anything else." Read the article here.

1 comment:

Michaela said...

I just read the article today, too! And all this time I thought us Reformed youngins were a little underground movement...! It was definitely an encouraging read.