As my previous post mentioned, my husband and I are enjoying some talks free from Sovereign Grace Ministries. Last night I listened to an insightful panel discussion from their 2007 Leadership Conference, "Watch Your Priorities". In it, 5 "seasoned pastor's wives" answer questions on "duties, priorities and opportunities of being a pastor's wife."
Here are some of the questions they address as mentioned on their site:
- How can a wife order her priorities so that “the tyranny of the urgent” doesn’t dictate what gets done?
- What are purposeful ways to encourage husbands in their specific roles and duties as pastors?
- How can wives find time to read, and which books should they read in their limited time?
- How can wives care for their husbands personally, emotionally, and romantically, while still keeping up with other duties?
- What are some ways to disciple young sons and daughters?